|9 Months Ended|
Sep. 30, 2020
|Noncontrolling Interests [Abstract]|
The redeemable noncontrolling interest included in the Company’s condensed consolidated statements of financial condition as of December 31, 2019 of $4.0 million is comprised of a redeemable noncontrolling interest associated with IT’SUGAR. The Company owns 90.4% of IT’SUGAR’s Class B Units, while the remaining 9.6% of such units are a noncontrolling interest held by an executive officer of IT’SUGAR and may be redeemed for cash at the holder’s option upon a contingent event outside of the Company’s control. As a result of IT’SUGAR filing the Bankruptcy Cases and the related deconsolidation of IT’SUGAR by the Company, the Company derecognized the redeemable noncontrolling interest in IT’SUGAR. See Note 17 for additional discussion.
The noncontrolling interest as of September 30, 2020 and December 31, 2019 included in the Company’s condensed consolidated statements of financial condition of $0.2 million and $1.0 million is comprised of a 47% noncontrolling equity interest in a restaurant the Company acquired through foreclosure.
The entire disclosure for noncontrolling interest in consolidated subsidiaries, which could include the name of the subsidiary, the ownership percentage held by the parent, the ownership percentage held by the noncontrolling owners, the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the location of this amount on the balance sheet (when not reported separately), an explanation of the increase or decrease in the amount of the noncontrolling interest, the noncontrolling interest share of the net Income or Loss of the subsidiary, the location of this amount on the income statement (when not reported separately), the nature of the noncontrolling interest such as background information and terms, the amount of the noncontrolling interest represented by preferred stock, a description of the preferred stock, and the dividend requirements of the preferred stock.
Reference 1: http://fasb.org/us-gaap/role/ref/legacyRef